If you are in need of child custody in your divorce, the laws in the state of Texas may seem very complicated. Many parents’ worst fears are that they will never see their children again, or that there may be a final order that provides them minimal time with their children. Our experience and quality of work in Houston and the surrounding areas, will not only provide you with information, but options if your situation does not “fit” into a “standard” order.

In most cases, Courts name each parent a “Joint Managing Conservator.” Generally speaking, this allows parents, after a divorce, to share the rights and duties of raising the children, including medical and educational decisions. This, however, does not necessarily mean parents share equal amounts of time with their children or have identical decision-making rights. This type of conservatorship merely grants the parents the right to still be a parent.

The majority of parents want to see their children as much as possible. We at the Law Offices of Joel A. Nass, P.C. know this and have worked with parents in Texas and across the United States to understand their rights and options under the possession schedule set forth in the Texas Family Code. “Guideline” visitation is not for every family. We will suggest the type of possession schedule that works best for you and your children. While “guideline” visitation may be a start, it may not be appropriate or workable given you or your family’s circumstances. Ask us about other options.

Update Existing Child Custody Arrangement?
If you have already had a divorce and are seeking to change an existing child custody order, we are ready to help you. There may be many reasons that parents might need to change the court orders affecting their children, including remarriage, relocation, or a new job position.

However, to modify a court order regarding children, there must be a significant and quantifiable change in circumstances since the last court order. Whatever the reason may be, we will assess your present and desired custody situation, and advise you on the best way to proceed.

    Call today at 713-334-6061 for a private consultation.

    Contact Us Today